Tan Khoon Yeow started his career in 2002 with the Audit & Assurance Division of BDO before his involvement in the Learning and Professional Development (LAPD) services since 2006. His current responsibilities include facilitating International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and auditing training courses for both, professional staff and clients of BDO in the South East Asia region.
He is currently an Executive-in-Residence for the Sunway University Business School and a member of the Academic & Industry Advisory Board for the Sunway College Diploma in Accounting Programme.
Khoon Yeow is the Chairman of the BDO Asia Pacific IFRS Group and a member of the BDO International IFRS Policy Committee (PC), Global Audit Training Advisory Group (AGGAT) and Comment Letter Task Force (CLTF).
He has been actively involved in the efforts of the IFRS PC in providing comments on draft pronouncements issued by the International Accounting Standards Board as well as developing BDO Global policies on IFRS. In the AGGAT, he engages in the preparation of BDO Audit Approach and Audit Process Tool training courses for BDO International. He has also been actively providing comments in the CLTF on draft pronouncements issued by the standard-setting boards of the International Federation of Accountants.
Further, he is a member of the Ethics Standards Board, a standard setting body designated by and operating independently under the auspices of the Council of the MIA.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant
- Regular Member of the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute (CFA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism Compliance Officer (CAMCO) of the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB)
- Foundation in Sustainability Accounting (FSA) Credential holder
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom