Law Kian Huat started his career in 1996 with KPMG Malaysia. Prior to joining BDO in Malaysia in 2007, he was the head of one of the audit departments at KPMG, and was responsible for managing a group of approximately 70 professional staff, including his fellow managers. He was also seconded to KPMG Australia for 18 months.
Kian Huat manages a portfolio of listed companies and also multinational audit clients in Malaysia. He is also involved in special assignments, which comprise preparation of accountant’s report, review of prospective financial information and proforma financial information for submission to the relevant authorities for IPOs and other corporate exercises. He has experience in coordinating and managing audit and special assignments in China, Cambodia and Australia.
Kian Huat has more than 20 years of experience in the audit of various industries which include manufacturing, gaming, industrial products, consumer markets, building and construction, property development, plantation, direct selling, hotel and hospitality, business services, healthcare, trading and investment holding companies.
He is member of Tunku Abdul Rahman University College’s Industry Expert Advisory Panel (IEAP) for Master of Accounting & Finance Programme.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Member of Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors (KICPAA)